Date posted: April 23, 2021
Closing date: N/A
Term: 20 hours a month (not necessarily every week) on an ongoing basis
Reports to: Interim Communications Director
Public Agenda, a nonpartisan research and engagement organization, seeks a web developer to assist with website management. While Public Agenda is based in New York, this position will be fully remote. The position will approximately require 20-30 hours per month.
- Someone who will be on call to help with more advanced website aspects and troubleshooting
- Needs experience in WordPress, preferred experience with Blackbaud
- Help the organization think about and plan toward the next iteration of its website
- Help explore changes to the general structure/site map and help implement those changes
- Organizing the pages we currently have in a better way that’s easier to navigate and showcases all our work
- Building out a wireframe for site reconfiguration and site map
- Designing and implementing the layout of new pages and ensuring consistency across pages
Skills and Qualifications
- Dedication to our mission of building a more informed and inclusive democracy that works for everyone
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices and standards
- Understanding of accessibility standards and requirements for websites
- Previous experience collaboratively developing website content strategies
- Web design/layout experience
- Optimizing page layout
- Helping make sure pages are consistent
- Templates for project page vs. resource collection
- Familiarity with SEO + Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of WordPress CMS and plugins
- Previous experience working with Blackbaud preferred
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Builder a plus
Please send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Public Agenda
Public Agenda is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit research and public engagement organization headquartered in New York City. We strive to strengthen democracy and expand opportunity for all Americans. Learn more about us at https://www.publicagenda.org/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.