Date posted: July 1, 2022
Closing date: N/A
Term: Full time
Reports to: Director of Public Engagement
Location: Remote, with occasional US domestic and possibly international travel required
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Public Agenda:
Public Agenda is a mission-focused research and public engagement organization. We seek to strengthen democracy by expanding voice and opportunity for all Americans. We focus on improving democracy itself and the systems and institutions that determine whether the promise of American democracy will be realized in the lives of everyday people—systems such as health care, education, and criminal justice. We discover pathways and tools for change, and we connect what we are learning to individuals and organizations who can put it to use.
About the position:
The Public Engagement Associate is an integral member of the Public Engagement team who works in collaboration with colleagues to develop, coordinate, and implement engagement projects across a range of issue areas. The Public Engagement Associate supports the team on a variety of public engagement projects; documents and reports on processes and impacts; and helps facilitate project development, management, and evaluation. The ideal candidate has participated in community or public engagement efforts grounded in democratic principles and is committed to embedding equity in projects and practices. This is a remote position reporting to the Director of Public Engagement.
The job duties below describe the most common tasks performed by the Public Engagement Associate:
- Provide project management and administrative support through the execution of day-to-day duties for public engagement projects on a variety of issues
- Support team in building and maintaining strong relationships with community groups, policymakers, and institutional leaders
- Conduct research and support the development of technical assistance to community, institutional leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Support the Public Engagement team in coordinating, designing, and conducting virtual and in-person trainings for varied audiences, including community organizations, public engagement practitioners, and institutional leaders
- Support the Public Engagement team in gathering and interpreting qualitative data to develop themes and draft and refine tools and materials
- Draft memos, reports, tools, and guides for varied audiences, including institutional leaders, funders, and general audiences
- Support colleagues across the organization in achieving shared goals
Preferred Position Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in any of the following fields: public engagement, participatory democracy, public policy, community organizing, community development, civic technology, health equity, or environmental sustainability
- Project management experience
- Experience working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience working with community-based organizations and their leaders
- Understanding of the systemic factors that shape opportunity, voice, and access in the United States and its communities and an orientation toward greater justice and equity
- Ability to communicate effectively in diverse cultural environments
- Comfort working in an ideologically diverse organization
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and experience with data analysis programs a plus
- Foreign language fluency is a plus
- Team player and creative thinker
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Public Agenda’s staff is geographically distributed, and this is a work-from-anywhere position within the United States. Staff members must be available to work during standard Eastern Time business hours.
The SRA must be available to travel for quarterly organization-wide meetings and occasional additional conferences and meetings.
Please submit a resume and cover letter specific to the position to: email@example.com
The annual salary range for this position is $55,000-$63,000.
*Public Agenda is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.