Careers at Public Agenda
Public Agenda is an equal opportunity employer.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AT PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
The director of public engagement leads a team in the development and execution of public engagement projects on a variety of local and national issues, and leads the ongoing development of our public engagement methods, products and services. Reporting directly to the president, the PE director:
- Is instrumental in helping the organization design and fund new public engagement projects aligned with our strategic goals, including cultivating funder/client relations and playing a leading role in project design, proposal writing, and budgeting. In this, s/he often works in close coordination with the president and always with our directors of project development and finance.
- Oversees all public engagement projects, personally leading some and coaching/supervising team members in leading others. Also, ensures the coordination of occasional cross-departmental initiatives that combine members of the public engagement, research and/or communications teams in an integrated program.
- Builds and supervises the public engagement team and facilitates their professional development.
- Leads the continuous improvement of the public engagement function at Public Agenda by improving our methodological sophistication, execution and innovation, and oversees, in close partnership with the president, Public Agendaís Dan Yankelovich Center for Public Judgment, including developing new funding streams, commissioning new work, and overseeing products and activities.
- Authors selected reports and memos, presents our work to various audiences, and generally represents Public Agenda to the public engagement field and to other important networks and audiences.
- Is a member of the presidentís senior leadership team, contributing to the organizationís overall strategy and effectiveness, and promoting collaboration across departments.
A strong candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Mission driven
- At least 10-years of directly relevant experience
- An advanced degree relevant to the work, with strengths as both a practitioner and thought leader in public engagement
- A proven entrepreneurial attitude and skillset
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Effectiveness and comfort in a hard-working, fast-paced, informal (yet rigorous) environment
- Strong project-management capacities and high standards for the execution of every aspect of the work, with a track record of success
- Collegial and collaborative, with strong team and organizational leadership skills
- Demonstrated track record of effectively supervising team members and supporting their professional development
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted in a single PDF document. Please write "Re: Director of Public Engagement" in the subject line of your email and do not include your cover letter in the body of the email.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
Public Agenda values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.